I made a batch of this coconut veggie curry early last week, and enjoyed it for easy dinners for the rest of the week. It was my first time cooking with curry powder, and I think it turned out well! This dish is very simple to prepare – most of the time is spent just waiting for the big batch of veggies to cook. I used mushrooms, corn, green beans, and broccoli, but any combination will do. Get creative – this is a perfect way to sneak in lots of extra nutrients! Coconut milk makes the sauce extra rich and yummy, while garbanzo beans offer a hit of protein. Enjoy!
Coconut Veggie Curry
Makes 4 large servings
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups veggies, fresh or frozen
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed well
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, melt coconut oil. Add onions and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add curry powder, salt, and pepper, and stir until spices coat onions.
- Add veggies and cook, covered, stirring regularly, until veggies are softened and cooked through, 10-15 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and garbanzo beans. Reduce heat to low, cover, and let simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- For the veggies, I used one cup each fresh sliced mushrooms, frozen green beans, frozen broccoli, and frozen corn. Bell peppers, zucchini, or eggplant would also be delicious!