It’s officially fall! I’m so excited for the new season. I can’t wait to wear cozy sweaters and boots to work, and spend evenings curled up in front of the fireplace with a soft blanket and hot cup of tea. Of course, I’ve also started adding pumpkin to as many meals as possible! I buy the organic canned pumpkin puree from Trader Joe’s – it’s healthy, cheap, and delicious. Plus, pumpkin is an amazing source of vitamin A and potassium. This pumpkin spice oatmeal is a go-to breakfast. It’s warm, sweet, spicy, rich, and perfectly filling – everything you could want on a cold autumn morning!
Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal
Makes 2 servings
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- dash salt
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- Bring almond milk and water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add oats, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Cook, stirring, until oats start to thicken, 3-4 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until warmed through, another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve topped with chopped nuts or nut butter, and a drizzle of maple syrup if you want some extra sweetness!