This bean salad is the perfect make-ahead dish for weekday lunches. It’s full of protein and fiber, so it will keep you full all day. It also provides a serving of veggies, and the super flavorful dressing is super delicious – the secret is sesame oil! I prepared this recipe last Sunday, and I’ve been enjoying it paired with brown rice crackers and fresh fruit all week for lunch. It’s the perfect healthy alternative to my normal green salad.
Edamame & White Bean Salad
Makes 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces edamame beans, cooked
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 small cucumbers, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/3 cup roasted peppers, chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Taste and add more salt, if necessary.
- I used the frozen edamame beans from Trader Joe’s and cooked them according to package directions – so easy!