O. M. G. Do you see the texture of these cookies? Seriously – smooth, practically melt-in-your-mouth, and dark with cocoa. These are some rich and fudgy little guys, that’s for sure. What if I told you that these treats were actually vegan and gluten-free?! That’s right: no butter, eggs, or even flour. Instead, these cookies get their insane texture from plenty of peanut butter (a great stand-in for more traditional sources of fat) and a bit of chewiness from just a couple tablespoons of chia seeds. Other than that, the ingredient list is pretty simple, so these cookies can be thrown together in just a few minutes.
These cookies aren’t too sweet (there’s no sugar in the recipe, just maple syrup and a ripe banana) so I like to add a couple handfuls of butterscotch or chocolate chips to the mix. Those melty pockets of chocolatey goodness are divine, am I right? But feel free to switch up the add-ins – raisins, dried cranberries, or chopped nuts would be delicious, too! Either way, these cookies may become your favorite late-night treat. Try a couple with a cold glass of milk, and thank me later!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Cookies
Adapted from Hummusapien
Makes 12 cookies
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, if peanut butter is unsalted
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, chocolate, or butterscotch chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mash banana. Add peanut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla and stir until smooth.
- Add chia seeds, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir until combined. Stir in chips.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop dough onto prepared pan. Bake until set, about 10 minutes.
9 thoughts on “Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Cookies”
Pro looking photos! Wanna try em!
Did you save some for me???
You get the next batch! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
will you make me some please???
Your cookies look awesome! Would love to try them, sound healthy too!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hi Bridget! Thank you so much for reading and commenting 🙂
She figured it out!