These blondies are one of my very favorite treats! I came up with this recipe a few years ago, and have been making it for family and friends ever since. The bars are rich and dense, so a little goes a long way. Butterscotch chips (my favorite guilty pleasure) are the perfect addition, along with chocolate, of course! I could have healthified these treats with coconut oil, almond flour, or flaxseeds, but then they wouldn’t be the perfectly delicious and decadent treat they are. In fact, they would be more like another blondie recipe I love. Both variations are homebaked using relatively few ingredients – in my book, this means that both have a fair place in my diet. And most importantly, both are so yummy. But it’s all about balance. It’s about making these deliciously rich blondies as a once-in-a-while treat, and enjoying every last bite!
Makes 16 blondies
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Butter a 9×9 inch baking pan.
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add sugars and stir until dissolved.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, and stir to combine. Stir in vanilla.
- Add flour, salt, and baking powder and fold in until combined.
- Stir in chips.
- Transfer to prepared pan and bake until lightly browned and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 28 minutes.