I made this delicious rhubarb drink and took these photos a couple of months ago (back when it was actually rhubarb season). But life has been pretty hectic lately, so I haven’t had a chance to write much recently. I thought that I would stop by today to share the recipe – mostly because I think that the photos turned out quite well. Also, I’ll definitely want to recreate this spritzer next spring (it’s that yummy!) so don’t want to lose track of the recipe. If you happen to be blessed with some rhubarb, please make this drink. It’s perfectly sweet and refreshing, plus plenty tart from the lemon and rhubarb! I think it would be an amazing addition to a late summer picnic.
Rhubarb Lemon Spritzer
Makes 4 servings
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 stalks rhubarb, thinly sliced
- 24 ounces sparkling water
- juice of 4 lemons
- Add sugar to a small pot with 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil and cook until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat, add sliced rhubarb, and let cool completely.
- To serve, fill four glasses with ice. Top each with six ounces sparkling water.
- Strain syrup from the rhubarb slices and divide among the glasses. Add the juice of a lemon to each glass.
- Stir to combine, then top with a few of the candied rhubarb slices.